This week, your project is all about SPACE.
I can name the planets in our solar system.
I can talk about the phases of the moon.
Choose from these ideas or create your own. You can choose to complete as many as you want but you must complete at least one planet task and the moon task.
- Research and name the planets in our solar system. Create a poster or non-fiction piece of writing about the planet you find most interesting.
- Make up a rhyme using the first letter of each planet to help you remember them. Make a poster to share it with others.
- An astronaut’s diary: Imagine you are an astronaut. Your mission is to visit all the planets in the solar system on one journey. Write a diary using facts about each planet. Remember, you are the first astronaut to do this EVER so make it exciting! Add pictures, thoughts and feelings as well as facts.
- Keep a moon diary or chart about the phases of the moon for a month (if it’s a cloudy night, don’t worry too much). What happens to the shape of the moon? Can you explain why this happens?
As an extra:
Make a junk model of a rocket or an alien!
Paint a picture of an alien or a planet
Make a model of our solar system
Remember to enjoy making your projects and share them with us! We can’t wait to see them. If your parents/carer send us a photo and give us permission, we can share them with the class on the website. If you have a great idea, we can add it to the list above for everyone to try. Keep checking in case something new is added.
- You must also read every day, practise your high frequency words and try to complete some activities on Education city or Bug Club. Try some mindfulness to relax and activity to keep your body moving!
Enjoy your first week of home learning and make sure to help out around the house too!