I know this is going to be an extra tough week for us all as we were supposed to be in France and Disneyland! Therefore, we have decided not to set any specific literacy or numeracy tasks (as we wouldn’t have been doing it anyway) so we would like you to choose 5 of these 10 activities to complete throughout the week relating to France or Disneyland.
- Recreate a Disney scene from one of the movies. You can use iMovie to edit your scene. The more family members or pets included the better! This could be a scene/song such as A Whole New World or Part of Your World.
- As a family, walk the distance of from Dover to Calais which is 31 miles. For example, if all 3 members of a family go for a 3 mile walk, this will be 9 miles.
- Find a YouTube tutorial to help you draw your favourite Disney Character.
- Watch your favourite Disney film. This would be a great task for Thursday when we should have been in Disney…wahhhh!!!!
- Write a chapter either retelling part of your favourite Disney film or writing the sequel to your favourite Disney film. This could be written as a narrative or a script.
- Continue learning French on Duolingo.
- Camp in your garden for one night.
- Create and host a Disney quiz for your family or friends on Zoom.
- Write a diary every day, pretending that we were on the residential. Make it dramatic – did a ride break down? Did you nearly fall off a piece of equipment? Who were you sharing your room with? Did anyone fart in their sleep?
- Cook/make a French delicacy – no don’t go hunting for snails or frogs – we were thinking along the lines of a pain au chocolat, croissants, madeleines, crepes or any more of your ideas.
Please send us pictures/videos so we can upload these to the school website!
Have a fab week!